Grand Theft Auto was first released 18 years ago. Feel old yet? Well considering i was only two years old, i didn't know left from right. But GTA was a huge part of my child/teenhood, as bad as that sounds. An action filled series of video games FULL of violence not fit for any child to play, but we all did. There was no harm in it, i wasn't going to go out the next day wanting a gun. Get over it (sassypants here). A truly addicting series packed full of missions you would spend months attempting to complete, i know after i finished each game it was the best. Being able to roam freely in each town causing complete havoc.
I did a similar post about The Sims, and i know how hugely popular GTA has become since it started so i knew i had to make a post about what we all loved and did in Grand Theft Auto.
20 Reasons Why GTA is the Bomb Diggity
- Cheats. Cheats. CHEATS. We all knew them off by heart after the 5th time of tapping them out to get all the money, all the weapons, ALL THE THINGS.
- For someone who loves player customization, being able to go clothes shopping is COOL. Customizing cars was COOL.
- The music selection was perfect. My favourite soundtrack was from Vice City, so many amazing songs on that game (Flash FM to be precise).
- Trevor. End of.
- The fact they made their most recent GTA game ONLINE. FUCK YES. Being able to play the game with actual people around the Globe is so cool.
- Strippers and Prostitutes. Paying them to then kill them. Money is returned.
- The character selection in San Andreas, i absolutely adored Big Smoke and his crew.
- Being able to run up to a motorbike and dropkick the person right off it to then drive off like a boss.
- How beautiful the cars looked in GTA5.
- The fact that roller skaters could not walk on the sand for shit. And it was hilarious to watch.
- Being in awe of how fucking amazing the graphics have developed. Going from a birds eye view pixel game to the beauty that is GTA5.
- The ridiculousness of some of the cheats that were created. Super Punch. Flying Cars. Need i say more?
- Saying that, GTA5 mods are absolutely ridiculous, yet the best thing you'll ever see.
- The pure joy of a rampage. Killing people makes us gamers happy.
- The scenery was beautiful. Once again, shoutout to the graphics team, you are awesome.
- Being 'invited in for coffee', you know what that means.
- The simple fact you could play pool, darts, go for drinks, gamble, i love little things like that.
- Finding the dildo in the Police Station, you could actually kill people by beating them. Yep.
- Driving a car on the pathway... Just because. A few deaths wont hurt...
- Jetpacking all the way to a high building to then jump off... Wasted.
Was you a GTA fan? I feel like it was one of those games that has always been around in my life, so it was inevitable that i was going to play it at some point. It's one i still play to this day, having my Playstation 2 handy it's very easy to pop back onto Vice City and San Andreas for a pure nostalgia trip. I mostly stick to GTA5 on Xbox 360 now, got it? Lets play!