Today is my 21st Birthday, even I can't believe how fast time has gone. I can still remember a birthday back when I got a power puff girl toy set. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER? 21 is such a weird age to me. I plan to get absolutely shitfaced the weekend but that's probably the only adult thing I'll do. Growing up is a weird time. I still am, some parts of me hang on to my younger days but I don't think that's a bad thing at all.
I thought I'd use this post to tell you a few things I've learnt whilst becoming an adult...
- Earning your own money means you can buy whatever you want. Whenever you want.
- Earning your own money means you need to be able to balance how you spend it.
- Talking on the phone is weird and making appointments are the worst. Where's my mum when I need her?
- It's okay to lose friendships. It was the end of the world as a teenager in school to lose a friend but you soon learn it was never worth all that crying you did. They were shitty people anyway.
- Its also okay to not know what you want to do in life, and if it takes you a bit longer than others, that's also okay. I spent way too much time worrying about work and my future because everyone around me seemed to have sorted something out (temporarily).
- The best way to conquer your fears are to face them straight up. I was terrified of socialising and making new friends so I started making plans with people and it got easier. It's sometimes still scary as fuck but I feel better for doing it. Now I'm always trying to plan nights out!
- Naps are the best. If you don't think so you clearly have a great sleeping schedule and have never needed to. ;).
- Going to bed whenever you want is amazing but not the morning after when you've had 3 hours sleep and look like death. Yay.
- Procrastination gets you nowhere. Shocker.
- You appreciate everything your parents ever did for you. Always help them when they need it, even if they don't ask.
There's a lot more things I've learnt and there will be a lot more I will come across as the years go by, but that pretty much sums it up for me.
What did you learn growing up?